The main menu is shown when the loading process is finished. Their items are described below:
1 PLAYER 1: SPECTRUM
It defines the control type for player 1: the human character.
2 PLAYER 2: SPECTRUM
It defines the control type for player 2: the alien character.
Whenever 1 or 2 is pressed, the type of control will vary following this sequence:
- SPECTRUM. The computer controls the character automatically.
- KEYBOARD 1. The keys defined for this set are used. They can be used by character 1 and character 2 (obviously, they should not be used simultaneously by both players).
- KEYBOARD 2. The keys defined for this set are used.
- INT2 PORT1. Port 1 of ZX Interface is used.
- INT2 PORT2. Port 2 of ZX Interface is used.
- KEMPSTON. A Kempston joystick is used.
- CURSOR. A cursor joystick is used.
3 DEFINE KEYS 1
4 DEFINE KEYS 2
When pressing 3 or 4, you can define the keys for the keyboard set 1 or 2, respectively. Remember that any given set can be used for any of the characters. Only when you define the key set 1, the pause and quit keys can be defined. When you use a joystick for character control, only the selector key is required to be defined.
0 START GAME
When pressing 0 in this menu, the game begins.